Thursday 24 January 2013

Portability

A few months I bought myself an iPad. The main reason I did was to be able to read the Safari Online library on the go. In fact I got the iPad and the subscription at the same time. But, as soon as I did, I started looking for the ability to code in the iPad. The reasoning is that neither my work laptop, a Dell, nor my personal laptop (a Mac Pro) are light. If I go to my girlfriends' mother's house i will want to do some coding, but i will like to travel light as well.

Finally, two weeks ago I acquired a Logitech Ultrathin keyboard and Pythonista. And last week I got finally around to actually use it: Two hours in the hairdressers waiting for my girlfriend, so started to do some python code (About time I started to get serious with it).

As a teenager, when I started to get interested in programming didn't cross my mind that I would be able to do it out of the comfort of my room. Now I wish that windows surface was just a tiny bit more powerful so I could run Visual Studio out of it (yep, waiting to see the pro version)

No comments:

Post a Comment