Thursday 16 May 2013

Stylecop and NUnit revisited

Couple of points from the previous post:

"At the moment, I still need to install my rules.dll on the installation folder of StyleCop, otherwise new rules will not appear on the settings. I have the suspicion that is because the StyleCop editor uses the dlls that are located on the same folder. I will have to test that assumption."

The assumption was correct. Good, as I don't have to close Visual Studio when wanting to test a new rule.

"At the moment I am using the output path as the location of the source code/dll/settings. I am trying to set a specific folder that will not depend on where you have the solution (using pre/post build events to make sure that it exists and has all the information), but then NUnit on Resharper throws a tantrum that I have the same dll in two different places (one that specific folder, the other the temp folder). Not sure why it doesn't fail when the location is the output path."


It doesn't fall down when used directly from NUnit (instead of using the Resharper ability inside Visual Studio). So will not pursue a solution for the time being (though probably will not be long when I have to do it).

No comments:

Post a Comment