Saturday 17 November 2012

New tools

This last week my company finally got my department licenses for Resharper and LinqPad. Ecstatic is the word.

Not just for having the tools (which will be useful) but because they have spent the money. What we do is important and we are getting some support now. We have have even increased the size of our department by 60% (well, it was a small department)

With the consent of my boss (the development manager) I am introducing procedures, practices and tools that will be beneficial for us. Before there was nothing. We are finally doing unit testing with NUnit, we finally have a branching strategy, we use stylecop, we have daily and weekly meetings, ...

All this is leading to, on one side, a better environment where to work (we all agree on that) and, on the other side, making the internal tools that we develop more efficient and robust (soon we should start seeing tangible benefits). Our morale is high.

It is going to be a long road, but I am happy to be at the beginning (so I can see the difference between the before and after) and be the driving force behind it. I've been looking a long time forward to introduce what other lucky developers consider standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment